A few weeks ago, when I blogged about the date night idea jar that I included in the engagement gift basket that I gave to my sister, a bunch of you asked me to share the 12 surprise date ideas that I included in the jar.
I tried my best to personalize the date ideas to make them specifically appeal to Leslie and Ross, but I did my best to share a handful of the date ideas I had for them that I hope will appeal to most of you below. I then filled in the blanks with a few more ideas that popped into my head based on past inexpensive dates Ryan and I have enjoyed together.
- With a $15 – $20 budget, split up for two hours and pick up fun little things you think the other person would love, like their favorite cupcake from a local cupcake shop, a new pair of boxers, etc. Exchange the goodie bags at the end of two hours!
- Look for new hiking trails close to where you live. Swing by a local sub shop and pick up sandwiches to bring with you to enjoy halfway through your hike.
- On a Saturday morning, sleep in before heading out to a local coffee shop to order hot coffee or tea and start the day off slow together. Take time to hang out for an hour and catch up!
- Visit local food trucks together and have fun ordering a bunch of small dishes and trying new local food.
- While one of you looks for a new dinner recipe, have the other person look for a new dessert recipe. Go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients you need and spend time preparing your dishes in the kitchen together.
- Have an “ice cream for dinner” night! Either buy your favorite kind of ice cream at the grocery store (plus tons of toppings!) or visit a local hot spot.
- Spend a day at the pool together. Bring plenty of sunscreen, water and your favorite magazines.
- Have a “game night” at home with just the two of you. Great games for two people include Scrabble, mancala and tons of card games!
- Enjoy a heavy hors d’oeuvre night outside. Crack open a bottle of wine and enjoy it with your favorite cheese, crackers, olives and more.
- Go to a local restaurant known for their good food and low prices. Order for each other!
- See if your local Whole Foods or specialty food store offers free cooking classes and sign up to take one together.
- Drive to your local Red Box and pick out a movie to watch at home together. Choose one of these creative popcorn recipes to make and enjoy while you watch!
And to keep things consistent, how about a little breakfast recap?
This morning began with goat cheese!
I sprinkled creamy goat cheese on top of a batch of scrambled eggs that I made with chopped red pepper and onion and served the eggs with a toasted whole wheat English muffin.
The goat cheese made the meal!
See ya after lunch!
Question of the Morning
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
I love dates that include some kind of an activity! I absolutely love going out to dinner and all that jazz, but my favorite dates with Ryan are dates that have us out and about, exploring a new area or trying a new activity.