When I picture banana bread in my mind, I envision a fragrant loaf of bread just begging to be sliced and topped with a smear of butter.
What if I told you that you can enjoy all the flavor of banana bread in perfectly portable mini bites?
And what if I told you that these bites are made without and butter, oil or added sugar. (Well, there’s sugar in the butterscotch morsels, but not in the dough, so I think that counts for something, right?) The bites are also eggless and yet somehow, they’re still completely delicious!
These bites taste great warm right out of the oven for a healthy dessert but can easily be stored in tupperware for a portable snack.
Butterscotch Banana Bread Oatmeal Bites
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup finely crushed walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together and thoroughly stir until everything is combined.
- Shape dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The dough will be very moist and sticky, but it should hold its shape when formed into balls.
- Cook 15 – 18 minutes.
- Allow bites to cool and enjoy!
I hope these bites satisfy your banana bread craving and make your house smell like heaven!