This Saturday is our annual Friendsgiving party!
We have a group of about 20 of our closest friends driving in town to celebrate Thanksgiving and enjoy some indulgent and delicious food!
I have the best time prepping for Friendsgiving and am beginning to brainstorm menu items for this year’s feast. We have some dishes that have become staples thanks to rave reviews from our guests, but I always love searching for some fun new recipes to try.
Our staples include:
- My Mom’s Stuffing Recipe <—Without a doubt my favorite dish!
- Bubbee’s Glazed Carrots
- Cooking Light’s Sweet Potato Casserole
- Ryan’s Mom’s Pineapple Soufflé <— I still need to share this one with you guys!
I am still on the lookout for the perfect mashed potatoes recipe and would love your recommendations for great vegetable sides or a perfect pumpkin pie recipe. Please comment below and share any links you may have for “must try” Thanksgiving recipes!
Here are some recipes that caught my eye for this year’s feast:
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic and Shallots
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Balsamic Glazed Green Beans
- Quinoa Salad with Pecans and Cranberries
- Chai Pumpkin Pie
I am not working until later this afternoon (late night tonight!), so lunch was enjoyed at home.
A salad topped with pulled chicken, carrots and light ranch dressing did the trick.
I also had an apple and a couple of handfuls of almonds on the side.
And now it’s time to change and head off to work for the evening!
Question of the Afternoon
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Please feel free to link to any any “must try” Thanksgiving recipes! I’m on the lookout for some new winners to try this weekend!