Feelin’ Lazy Treadmill Workout

When Ryan and I arrived at the gym this morning, I didn’t really feel like sweating. I hopped on the treadmill and told myself I would just walk on a slight incline for 20 minutes and allow myself to wake up before completing a shoulder workout.

I ended up getting bored about five minutes into my walk, so I amped things up a bit and ended up completing the following 30-minute treadmill workout:

Feelin' Lazy Treadmill Workout

I dubbed this the “Feelin’ Lazy” treadmill workout because something about the way it eased into the running portion of the workout and incorporated some incline walking made it the perfect workout for me to complete on a morning when I was feeling less than enthusiastic about my workout. If you’re not feelin’ it at the gym today, hopefully this will help you get into the zone, too!

After my treadmill workout, I spent about 20 minutes in the weight room completing a shoulder workout.

Breakfast this morning was one of my recent favorites!

Egg White Oatmeal Pancake

I prepared my egg white and oatmeal protein pancake and, once again, added a big handful of sliced almonds to the mix before pouring it into a hot skillet to cook on the stovetop.

Oatmeal Egg White Pancake

I also had a hot mug of peppermint crème coffee on the side. YES!

First up on today’s agenda is heading off to work to teach and then I have a small break in the day before I head back to work again for another LiveSTRONG team meeting. Hoping for a good Thursday!

Question of the Morning

• Do you enjoy protein pancakes? What is your all-time favorite protein pancake recipe?

I am a big fan of protein pancakes. They fill me up for much longer than traditional pancakes. I love experimenting with different protein pancake recipes, but my favorite recipe may be these banana bread protein pancakes. My entire family and I can’t get enough of them!

Comments

1. Katherine says

I actually made your banana bread protein pancakes for breakfast today for the first time and I can understand why they are your favourite! I loved them!!

Hardly a lazy workout! Those inclines are no joke and a great way to start any day. Good job for kicking it up a notch :)
    I love love love banana protein pancakes. I am obsessed with them right now (even thinking of them makes me hungry). They are so easy to make and keep me full all morning. I top mine with homemade almond butter and maple syrup! Yummmmmyy

I often do the same thing with not really wanting to work out. . .I promise that I just need to get on and do 10 minutes and then I can be done, most of the time, I end up getting into it and upping the pace or incline and getting a good sweat on. . . and then I remember that you never regret a workout and feel so much better!!

• Barbara says

Funny, I just said that to someone this morning…that you never regret a workout! So true! And I agree, you feel SO much better after!!

4. Lori says

Sometimes I am so lazy at the gym I “whore it up” jumping from cardiomachine to cardio machine just to keep me motivated to stay there…LOL!

I’m more of an eggs kind of gal lately for my AM meal. I find that when I don’t have a schedule (running or lifting) planned out I can get realllllly lazy in the gym. Way to actually do the work out instead of skipping! Lucky for me if a run or a lift is written down and on a schedule I will do it no matter what.

I think I might do this today! My legs are pretty sore but my rest day is Saturday, so I have to find motivation to workout! I did Ashley’s “I don’t feel like doing cardio but I feel like I should do something” treadmill workout yesterday which is pretty similar to this!

I love protein pancakes as well! I will say that I do prefer them made with cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and/or eggs for the protein punch rather than protein powder. Most pancakes made with protein powder aren’t my favorite. I love your banana bread pancakes too – they’re one of my faves!

I’ve never made protein pancakes actually! I just don’t have the patience to make pancakes sometimes, but I think this would be easy because you just make one instead of having to make them in batches. Haha once I have one pancake done I’m ready to dig into it and not wait for the rest!

9. Robyn says

I also love protein pancakes and to be quite honest your banana bread ones are my ultimate favorite. They’re so filling and delicious. I’ve been topping them with Peanut Butter & Co’s Mighty Maple Peanut Butter and a few frozen strawberries that I’ve microwaved and cut up into pieces…Holy YUM! I could eat this every single day!

10. Sara says

I made your banana bread protein pancakes last week…without a blender…and they were still so good! Calling them pancakes was a stretch bc the ingredients were not blended at all but I would do it all over again!

Ah this treadmill workout is perfect! I’ve been trying to slow down my workouts recently, so incline walking is going to be one of my workouts of choice for a while. I’ve never tried a protein pancake before, but yours always look so tantalizing!

I LOVE protein pancakes, especially on weekends as a treat (since I normally try to stay away from grains most days). I’m going to have to try that banana bread pancake recipe!!!

I have lazy days at the gym too. Usually on those days I will take a class because I just can’t seem to be my own motivator. I need someone else to tell me what to do. :)

13. Stacy says

I do something similar.

eggwhites, oats, protein powder (chocolate of course) and a can of pumpkin (yes! its delish)
    and lots of cinnamon…

VERY healthy and filling :)

14. Aaron says

Wish I would have read this before my fail of a treadmill run this morning! I was just NOT feeling it. The elliptical couldn’t even keep my attention today.

I like protein pancakes made with cottage cheese just because they make them so fluffy!! Overall though, I don’t LOVE protein pancakes, especially if they have actual protein powder in them. I am one that things protein powder should be reserved for drinking only(preferably in a smoothie) because let’s be honest, it isn’t the best tasting stuff around.

I have days where I’m not feeling it as much at the gym, but I try to work through the first few minutes and usually I feel more motivated eventually. I only work out three or four days a week, so I think I’m more motivated on my scheduled workout days.

17. Craig says

I find that I have the best workouts on days that I really didn’t want to go to the gym. I guess it feels more rewarding on those days.

18. Rachel says

I make pancakes with just two ingredients….bananas and eggs! 1 banana for every 2 eggs and they turn out great. Really simple plus it’s completely paleo, which I’m trying to eventually transition to. Such a difficult change to make because we are so accustomed to grains as a part of our diet but the science behind it makes sense plus I’ve heard a lot of awesome success stories!

19. Lindsey says

I love making protein pancakes from two egg whites, two scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use EAS Lean), and 1/2 c. pumpkin. Then just add some pumpkin pie spice and top with vanilla greek yogurt and nuts!

20. Chrissy says

I loved this workout! I was feeling super unmotivated at the gym, so I jumped on the treadmill and amped up for this incline workout. I was surprised at how much I sweat! After I finished, I completed a short let workout:
    (20 squats
    30 lunges
    40 calf raises
    50 sec wall sit
    40 sumo squats
    30 leg raises
    20 lunges)

My legs were crying, but it felt great! Definitely a solid gym session :)

21. Evamarie says

I love protein pancakes – I have been making this particular one a couple times a week – I put a hug spoonful of PB on it right after its done cooking!

22. Sarah Whitney says

I’ve been loving pumpkin protein pancakes. Just four ingredients! And they are very yummy. I top them with pumpkin butter for more pumpkin goodness :)

23. Danielle says

I have been looking for an egg white and oats recipe for over a week! I thought I had thoroughly searched your blog, but obviously I missed it. Now I have the recipe and I know what I’ll be having for breakfast tomorrow! As always, thank you!

24. Melly says

Hiya I just wanted to ask are the speeds in miles or kilometres? Cause I’m really interested in doing this workout as I just began properly getting used to the treadmill and don’t wanna over work myself and I’m not sure if treadmills in America are different to treadmills in the UK when it comes to speed, thanks :) x