PBF Gift Guide: Fitness Finds

Part two of the giant PBF Gift Guide is here!

Today’s gift guide focuses on my favorite fitness finds.

Fitness Gift Guide

I hope you find something fun for a fitness fanatic in your life!

Fitness Gifts

• Running Tights

moving comfort running tights

If there’s a runner in your life who makes it outside to run during the winter months, I think a quality pair of running tights would make a great gift. My absolute favorite running tights are Moving Comfort’s endurance tights (also available in patterned gray). They’re high-quality, flattering, comfortable and keep my legs nice and warm! I am also a big fan of their urban gym tight for a softer tight that is ideal for both running and lounging. (I have them in “black space dye.”)

• Comfortable Pullover Old Navy Pullover

I live in comfy pullovers in the colder months. They’re great for outdoor workouts and I like to wear them to the gym year-round for the first 10 minutes of my workout while I warm up my muscles.

Three personal favorites: Old Navy Active Running Pullover, New Balance Moto Pullover, Reebok CrossFit Pullover

More options that caught my eye: Nike DriFit Pullover, Lucy Tunic Pullover

For those in the mood to shell out the big bucks: Lululemon Fluff Off Pullover, Reebok CrossFit Nano Speed 1/4 Zip Pullover

• Heart Rate Monitor

Polar FT4 heart rate monitor pink

The Polar FT4 heart rate monitor is a personal favorite! It’s extremely user friendly and takes less than three minutes to set up before you’re good to go. It constantly displays your heart rate, the duration of your workout and calories burned. Ryan and I both have this heart rate monitor and love it! (I have the pink one and I bought Ryan the gray FT4 for his birthday.)

• No-Slip Headband

Julie and Sadie BIC Bands

Hallelujah for BICBands! These are my favorite workout headbands and I wear one to the gym every single day. They stay in place and keep the little wispy hairs out of my face when I run. A perfect stocking stuffer!

• Gym Bag

Gaiam Everything Fits

If you have a friend who hits the gym before or after work, a gym bag with lots of pockets and fun features is a great find. I’ve been loving my Gaiam Everything Fits gym bag. I also found this $25 option from Gaiam that looks really cute and practical, too!

• Small Wristlet

vera bradley wristlet

For days when I am not planning to shower at the gym after a workout, I am a big fan of my Vera Bradley wristlet. I store the essentials in it (gym ID, driver’s license, car keys, iPod and phone) and it’s small enough to carry around with me at the gym without feeling like I need a locker. More cute options: Nine West Show Stopper Wristlet, Lululemon Mind and Body Bag

• Water Bottle

Camelbak Water Bottle

A quality water bottle is something any fitness lover can use! My 32-ounce Nalgene bottle encourages me to drink more and the little spout on my Camelbak makes it really easy to sip water without spilling while I’m working out on cardio machines.

Fitness Splurges

oakley womens running sunglasses

I received these sunglasses last year at the Fitness Magazine Meet ‘n’ Tweet event and they’ve been my go-to “active” sunglasses ever since. They’re lightweight and have nose and ear pad grips that keep them in place. I’ve worn them running countless times and they never budge even when I hop around and teach water fitness classes outside! (I’m wearing them in the picture of me and Sadie above.) They’re great for anyone who is in the market for a quality pair of sunglasses to wear while running, hiking or doing anything active outside.

• Running Watch

Garmin 10

A GPS watch is not a cheap present, but for a runner it’s a fantastic gift. I love the ability to track my distance and pace. When I am training for a longer distance race, the ability to just step out the door and go for a long run without planning a route that covers the exact number of miles I’m setting out to accomplish is a fabulous! I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 that is on its last leg (and currently discontinued by the manufacturer), but I reached out to my runner friends who highly recommend the Garmin Forerunner 310, Garmin Forerunner 410, Garmin Forerunner 10 and the Timex Marathon GPS watch.

More Fun Fitness Finds

***

Note: This post is not sponsored in any way and is simply a list of some fabulous fashion and beauty finds that I think would make a great gift for loved ones this year. Some affiliate links are included and I sincerely appreciate your support!

***

Happy holidays!!!

Comments

1. Robyn says

My Garmin 305 is really struggling these days- thanks for the recommendations on new models. It will be really hard to part with the 305, but at least the new ones seem better suited for my wrist size!

2. Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie says

I need to get a heart rate monitor! I’m currently taking a 10 second count of my pulse and multiplying by 6! Haha

Hi Julie!

I saw the gray Old Navy pull over on a past post and loved it! When I tried to get it off the website it was sold out, but I lucked out and found on the in the store. It is the most comfortable dry fit I own and so cute! Thanks for the recommendation!

I got the Garmin Forerunner 220 a few weeks ago and I cannot say enough good things about. It’s the best watch ever! I need to try out these tights. I use the lululemon ones but I’m hoping to find something more adorable.
    Great list! I need to get a bic headband since I think I’m the only person who doesn’t have one! Do you find it leaves an indentation in your hair?

I just bought the Timex Marathon GPS watch on Cyber Monday and I can’t wait to receive it! I have my first half marathon in April so I figured it was a necessity :)

I went on a run once while wearing those Oakleys and I actually didn’t even realize I was WEARING them until halfway through the run! I had forgotten to take them off before I left my car. That’s how no-notice they are. They stay in place so well while running!
    I saw that Old Navy top with the thumbholes during Cyber Monday and wanted it but all they had left was XL! Just as well because I should not have been buying more things.

I have that Garmin Forerunner and I LOVE it. It’s so easy to use and small and cute. I have it in green and it makes me happy :)

I definitely need some new running sunnies. Those Oakleys look like they might be making my ‘santa/husband’ christmas list!

8. Melissa says

LOVE this list. Question – does the BIC band ruin your hair so you can’t save it after a workout? i like headbands because they keep your hair off your sweaty face and neck.. but if they crease and make my hair super flat, it kind of defeats the purpose. I might have to try them though since you always rave about them!

• says

They definitely do create a crease, especially if I wear them for longer than my hour-long workout. If I JUST wear them to workout, I can usually smooth out my hair and salvage it a little with dry shampoo, but if I wear it for much longer, it definitely leaves an indentation.

9. Stephanie says

Hi Julie,
    Love your gift guides so far! It would be amazing if you could do one on gifts for men — they are always the stumpers on my list.

10. Brianna says

Do you know anyone who uses the Nike+ Sportswatch GPS w/TomTom and what they think of it? I’ve been looking for a good running watch but on a budget. The Nike+ and the Garmin Forerunner 10 are only about $15 difference in price but anyone know how they compare?