Targeting Triceps Workout

This morning began with an early workout!

Ryan and I headed to the gym at 5 a.m. and, after a quick 10 minute walking warm up, I completed the seven minute workout before it was time to target my triceps in the weight room.

Targeting Triceps Workout

Links to demo videos of some of the exercises:

And another tricep + bicep workout you may enjoy: Biceps + Triceps Workout

Today’s workout was a good one and my triceps felt quite fatigued when I left the gym to head home for breakfast.

Breakfast this morning was a bit of a dud. Have you guys seen those chocolate mug cakes floating around Pinterest? Well, the mug cake was the inspiration behind my breakfast fail this morning.

I tried to make a healthier oatmeal breakfast cake and though it was decent enough to eat, the recipe needs a little tweaking before it’s sharable.

oatmeal mug cake

My failed attempt included oats, egg whites, coconut oil, cinnamon, sliced almonds, stevia and baking soda.

Breakfast Oatmeal Mug Cake

Though I added one tablespoon of coconut oil, the cake was still a little dry and I could taste the baking soda. I’m thinking I may try adding pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce next time.

I hope you guys have a great Wednesday! I am off to work and I have two meetings to attend today as well. See ya around lunchtime!

Comments

Thanks for sharing your pinterest “fail”! Those are actually really fin to search on Pinterest…the “nailed it” gets me every time. I’m sure you will tweak your recipe to perfection!

It seems like a lot of people have the same idea – I’ve seen little oat breakfast muffins/cakes popping up everywhere. Since I don’t know what amounts of ingredients you used, it’s hard to suggest anything but I’ve had a lot of success using a mashed banana. It adds moisture and sweetness.

Triceps are killer for me to work on but necessary!! :-)

I’ve tried making mug cakes too, and I failed pretty badly at first! I realized that baking powder should be used in lieu of baking soda though. Baking soda gives a metallic flavor if not combined with an acidic ingredient; baking powder is fine on its own. Hope that helps!

I literally JUST made a mugcake recipe! Chocolate caramel protein mugcake… it’s seriously so good & I shared it on my blog today! :) Maybe add some vanilla extract and another egg white to make it less dry? Or almond milk? Just trying to help- I’m sure you know what you’re doing!

I can’t wait to see the refined recipe! I’m a college student so I need a fast and healthy breakfast that I can take on the go. I love oatmeal but it’s a little awkward whipping out my thermos of grey looking mush in the middle of class…

I forget to work my triceps all the time, so I might need to do this workout! My worst recipe fail was trying “brownies” made with black beans. They do not at all taste like real brownies- just a warning for anyone who has been wondering.

I was unable to get up this morning due to soreness and was looking for a light workout for this afternoon since I have a hair appointment. I’m going to download the 7 minute workout app for sure now! Thanks for all of your amazing suggestions, you help keep me motivated!

The combo of Apple sauce and coconut oil makes a work of a difference is your cake is too dry! Your recipes are usually delicious so I hope this one turn out well so I can give it a try to :D

9. LG says

I’ve tried these types of cakes and they’ve turned out dry, but I think I’ve figured out that I’m overcooking them. The one time I slightly undercooked one, it was really good. (But it’s hard to get it just right in the microwave first try!)

Wouldn’t take me long to do tricep dips to failure. I am THE WORST at those – sometimes it seems like I can only do five before wanting to fall over.

Yep applesauce is key or pumpkin puree. I usually go for 1/4 cup buckwheat or oat flour, 1 scoop of protein powder (21g), 1 large egg white, 3 tbsp of puree and 1/4 cup of non dairy milk…vanilla and maple syrup to sweeten.

12. Meagan McCrane says

1 scoop chocolate Shakeology1 packet stevia
    1egg
    dash of salt
    dash of vanilla extract (I used more, love me some vanilla)
    2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter.

Mix ingredients together, then spray a microwave-safe coffee mug w/ non-stick cooking spray. Pour inside & put natural peanut butter in the middle. Microwave for 1:20 mins & voila! Sweet tooth satisfied & completely clean

Oh man I’ve been doing so many tricep tracks in Flybarre. My triceps are sore but I’ve been seeing great results. I’ve been using a band and wrapping it around a bar and pulsing backwards facing the bar. I then turn around and pulse the band above my head. oh my it is a burner!