Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas: Budget Friendly

Valentine’s Day is this Friday! I feel like we were just celebrating the new year, but February 14 is right around the corner.

If you’re anything like me and Ryan, you like to acknowledge the holiday without going too crazy. We don’t spend a ton of money on Valentine’s Day but we do like to do a little somethin’ somethin’ for the other person to let them know they’re loved.

Last year I shared some of the crafty gifts I’ve given Ryan in the past along with a ton of other budget friendly Valentine’s Day ideas. Since the post seemed to be a hit with you guys, I thought I’d round up a handful of inexpensive Valentine’s Day ideas that I’ve created or stumbled upon this year!

Budget Friendly Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

I hope you find something fun below! Happy (almost) Valentine’s Day!

Budget Friendly Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas

Date Night Idea Jar

Date Night Jar

• Date Night Jar: I gave this date night jar to my sister and her fiancé when they got engaged and it was a big hit! It’s also really easy to make and would make a fantastic gift for your significant other. Place 12 different inexpensive date night ideas in a jar. On the first day of each month of the year, select an envelope from the jar and pick a day that month to do the designated activity with your loved one! Need some fun date ideas? Check out this post: 12 Inexpensive Date Ideas.

Valentine's Day Stud Muffin

• Stud Muffin: A fun breakfast treat for the “stud muffin” in your life!

Map Coasters

• Map Coasters: Use the map from a favorite vacation destination or your honeymoon to give these coasters a personalized feel!

I Love You Because dry erase frame

I Love You Because Frames for Kids

burlap state frame

• State with a Heart Over the City Where You Got Married Frame: Frame the state where you got married with a heart over the city where you exchanged your vows! Or frame the state where you currently live since “home is where the heart is!” (If you click the link, you can customize the state and buy this on Etsy for $18.)

Candy Poster

• Candy Poster: This reminds me a lot of the candy hearts poster I made for Ryan back in college. It’s super cute, inexpensive and great for those in your life with a giant sweet tooth!

Rose Lip Balm Homemade

Open When... Envelopes

• Open When… Letters: Create “Open When…” envelopes for your loved one to open when they need something to smile about in the future. I especially love this for couples who are in a long distance relationship!

Ticket Stub Memory Jar

• Ticket Stub Memory Jar: If you happen to keep ticket stubs from movies, concerts or fun events you’ve attended with your loved one, place them all in a memory jar to put on display on a bookshelf in your house!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Comments

I think I might try the date night jar! We were just talking about trying to go on more dates last night and a way to come up with good ideas, this is perfect! :) I also like the movie ticket jar – we have a ton of soccer ticket stubs that I don’t know what to do with. Thanks for such creative ideas!!

I always do budget friendly valentines gifts they always mean more. We’re currently doing open when letters ourselves, so definitely love that idea! Thanks for sharing Julie. You’ve got some fun ideas put together!

3. julie says

These ideas are all fantastic. My bf and I are not big on espensive gifts and since both our bdays are also in feb, it can really add up. Definitely going to try some of these ideas.

4. Bianca says

I’m planning an indoor picnic for my hubby and I. This is our first Valentine’s as a married couple. The weather is TERRIBLE outside so I’ll be doing an indoor version. I have a blanket, tons of tea light candles (Dollar Tree), I’m planning to make the “Open When” envelopes as a gift. I’m getting a Redbox DVD ($1) and cooking his favorite meal from items we already have at home.

All of your ideas are amazing! I have to steal some of these for next year :)

All these ideas are brilliant! I especially love the date night idea. My boyfriend and I are planning on reinstagating our date nights and this would be a great way to do it.

I also love the ticket stub memory jar. I’d seen it made in a picture frame before but in a jar is much easier logistically to do.

Thanks for sharing!

I love the ticket jar! In high school, I had a glass top desk and I would slide movie tickets under it. It is so fun to browse through and see all the winners like Dude, Where’s My Car and Signs. I need to start collecting them again!

haha i like the stud muffin!! my hubs gave me a miami tank (his alma mater that he’s obsessed with) so i had my sister (professional photographer) take a good picture of me in it and i’m framing it for his present… simple & sweet!!

8. Michelle says

So many good choices here! Love the map coasters – need to figure out where to get a map! And love the ticket stub jar! My husband’s nightstand is FULL of ticket stubs!

9. Rose says

I’ve made the “I love you because…” dry erase frames for wedding gifts before and they were huge hits! It’s even easier and faster to just frame scrapbook paper that you print “I love you because…” on.

10. Tara says

Great ideas! My husband keeps every ticket-concert, hockey, baseball, football..you get it. I took all his tix and made a memory book. I let him make any notes/memories, but I atleast put them in a nice book he can pick up and view each ticket.

I’m such a fan of cute thoughtful ideas! I actually love the dry erase board, even not for kids, but for a significant other. Some days I feel like it’s nice to remind each other of why you love each other, especially on those rocky days!

And the “Open When” letters…how cute?! I once read that Michael Buble leaves his wife little sticky notes about how much he loves her all over the house. That way when he is on the road so much, she’ll be doing the laundry or something and just stumble upon a note. I thought that was so adorable!

you madam, are a genius. Idc if these are more targeted towards women I am doing these!! Nothing beats a personal gift. Now only if I was artsy/handsy when it comes to this stuff…

13. Pua says

I have a sweet-tooth hubby, so I think the candy poster would be a perfect gift for him! I also like the date in a jar idea of buying goodie bags for $15. I think that may be something to do ON Valentine’s Day! We always do the dinner date night, but this would be a fun little extra to add to our evening. Thanks!