Chest + Biceps Workout

A Wednesday workout comin’ at ya!

Today’s workout began with a 10 minute incline walking warm up before I completed a strength workout that targeted my chest and biceps.

After a couple of weeks of mostly Nike Training Club and boot camp-style workouts, I wanted to get back to some traditional strength training and the following workout fit the bill.

Chest   Biceps Workout

Demos of some of the above exercises:

I finished my workout before Ryan was done with his, so I rounded everything out with 10 more minutes of incline walking.

Breakfast began with a base of vanilla Greek yogurt.

yogurt with oatmeal and banana

Topped with raw oats (I like the chewiness) and a sliced banana.

oats with yogurt and banana

Time to boogie! On today’s agenda: Work + Taste of Ocala Meeting + Blog + Work + Clean All The Things

Have a great Wednesday!

P.S. Have any of my fellow Glee fans heard Naya Rivera’s single? I stumbled upon “Sorry” yesterday and have been playing it non-stop ever since. So catchy! Santana’s voice on Glee may be my favorite (listen to her rendition of “Valerie” if you haven’t heard it yet) and this new song will definitely make it onto my next workout playlist.

Comments

1. Lori says

On Saturday I tore my medial gastrucnemius and will be in a boot and on crutches for the next several weeks :(
    I am rally woondering what can I do at the gym cardio wise that doesn’t include lower body? I don’t want to turn to Jell-O! Any tips and suggestions from anyone would be sooooo much apprecitated!!!

Happy Monday!

I love how you add a little cardio to eat set of exercises! I might need to try doing this inbetween my sets! I added burpees into my sets last week and it killed me, I definitely remembered why I don’t like them haha but it was a nice change :) Have a great Wednesday :)

Your breakfast looks similar to my new favorite!! I take the greek yogurt, oats (steel cut-cooked) banana, add some peanut butter, milk and chia seeds and chill over night, YUM!!!
    P.s- Valerie by Steve Winwood was my JAM in the 80′s growing up, lol

4. Mary Babicki says

I scour iTunes every Tuesday for new music, so I’ve had that Naya Rivera single for a while now. It’s on my running/workout playlist and I absolutely love it! It’s got a 90′s sort of feel to it. Can’t wait for a whole album from her.

5. Melissa says

THANK YOU for such a great granola bar recipe! I’ve been looking for a good and healthy one and I made your peanut butter + honey + coconut + dried fruit recipe and I’m hooked! They turned out SO well! I just wrapped them individually in tin foil and got many great healthy grab&go snacks! :)
    But a question! How do you store the granola bars? Do you keep them in the fridge ?? Thanks in advance!!

Love that workout – I don’t know why, but workouts that are colorful excite me even more! Lookin’ to work those biceps today, so this is perfect.

I’m still loving these Nike Training Club workouts – they are so challenging – it makes me wonder if the workouts I create are tough enough!

Looks like a good workout. I love incline walking. I have terrible knees so I’m advised not to be a runner. Incline walking it is! It’s a better workout than people realize.

I love that there are 30 seconds of jumping rope in each circuit to keep the arms moving and the heart rate up! Thanks for sharing your workout!
    I’ve never tried raw oats as a topping to my yogurt before, but I might just try it soon. I’ve tried and loved Gina’s (Fitnessista’s) cookie dough cereal before, which uses raw oats, so I’m sure I’d love it!

I was just thinking today when I was driving to work, that I want a new upper body routine that’s easy to do. As luck would have it, I read your blog this morning. :) Excited to try this workout! Happy Wednesday!

I like the chewiness of raw oats too. I used to do overnight oats and cooked oats but found that I actually like them better as is and now most of my breakfasts involve yogurt mixed with raw oats.

Yes I love the new Glee song! For some reason remixes always have a little more jazz to them and I enjoy working out to them more than the originals a lot of the time! Happy Wednesday Julie!

I am doing this workout tomorrow!! It looks great. I’ve been moving/traveling and have missed my weekly boxing classes lately so my chest/back/arms need a good burn.
    PS- LOVE the Nike Training Club App. I love the boot camp style workouts but I really like the “Get Focused” 15 minute targeted exercises!

13. Amy @ Run with Perseverance says

I love Naya Rivera’s voice! Her rendition of “Back to Black” by Amy Winehouse on Glee is one of my favorites! That new song is pretty catchy