Garam Masala Salmon

Since salmon seems to be on our weekly dinner menu, I am always looking for new ways to prepare the flavorful fish.

Garam Masala Salmon

Last night, I grabbed some of my favorite spices that I typically reserve for chicken or vegetable dishes and tried them out on a fresh salmon filet.

garam masala spice blend (2)

I discovered garam masala last year and ever since then I cannot seem to get enough of the spice. (If you’re looking for a crock pot friendly recipe featuring garam masala, check out this recipe: Crock Pot Garam Masala Chicken and Chickpeas) I use McCormick’s garam masala (I buy it at Publix) and love the aromatic combination of flavors from coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and black pepper.

With garam masala serving as the base for the spice mix I made last night, I added garlic power, turmeric, salt and pepper before sprinkling the spices on top of the fresh salmon filet.

Recipe for Garam Masala Salmon

The end result was fabulous. Ryan and I both had wonderful things to say about this dish!

Garam Masala Salmon

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet
  3. Combine all spices, salt and pepper and stir together
  4. Sprinkle spice mix on top of salmon filet
  5. Bake for approximately 13 – 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes with a fork

Garam Masala Salmon Recipe

If you decide to give this recipe a try, I hope you love it as much as we did!

Comments

I love garam masala, but I’ve never had it with seafood. I’m not a huge salmon (or any fish) fan, but I try to eat it from time to time because I know it’s good for me. Perhaps this is just the thing to get me to eat a bit more!

2. Anna B says

I love fish and am always looking for new spice combos to jazz it up! I’ll have to give this a try! A personal fave of mine is curry, chili powder and garlic powder. I’m not sure how it would taste on salmon, but it’s great for white fish.

3. Jessica says

Crazy I had actually seasoned my tofu with these exact blend tonight! Garam masala is just so tasty. Gonna have to try it on salmon now.

Yum! I’m always looking for ways to dress salmon up. Seems like every time I make it I’m like, oh look. Salt and pepper, how fun. I haven’t tried garam masala yet but it’s on my spice wish list.

I have been loving Turmeric lately, the health benefits of this one little spice are incredible! I wish I could get my hands on some fresh fish, but living in the middle of the country leaves limited options and fish that will break the bank if you do buy it! I need a trip to florida just for some fresh seafood!

Garam Masala. My First time to encounter it. But the delicious-looking salmon filet, that was sprinkled with a spice mix using Garam masala as base …..is convincing enough for me. Will get me a pack of those and see how it goes with my cooking.

The first pic of the brown baked salmon bought water in my mouth . Salmon + Garam Masala – is surely a wonderful combo. Garam masala is predominantly an Indian spice mix which adds brilliant colour and flavor to any kind of recipe. Can I add a pinch of Saffron to it?

This recipe is simply wonderful! Salmon is such an amazing, healthy food and to prepare it this way makes it simply perfect! I just can’t wait to try it! Thank you for sharing!

xx