Weekend Snapshots

Did this weekend fly by for anyone else out there? Our weekend was the perfect combination of fun and relaxing.

Here are some highlights!

• Saturday Day Date

Ryan and I had a lovely day date on Saturday! It began with lunch at Earth Origins. We both hit up the salad bar and filled up on delicious greens, shrimp, tuna salad and vegetables.

Earth Origins Salad

Earth Origins carries my favorite flavored water, so naturally I bought a bottle of the Ayala ginger lemon peel water to quench my thirst. Ryan and I also split an Alternative Baking Company pumpkin spice cookie. The cookie is vegan and totally delicious! If you’re looking for a fantastic vegan pumpkin cookie and see this one at your local grocery store, scoop it up!

• Divergent

After lunch, we walked to the local movie theatre and saw a matinee for $6. (I think I am slowly becoming desensitized to the cost of movie tickets because I thought $6 was super cheap!)

Divergent

Ryan and I loved the book Divergent by Veronica Roth and couldn’t wait to see the movie. (Side note: Did you know Veronica Roth was only 21 when she wrote Divergent!?)

As for the movie, I liked it but I didn’t love it. I really, really liked the book and thought the movie was entertaining enough, but not fabulous. As for whether or not I will see the next movie when it comes out? Absolutely.

• Boat Day

IMG_1401

Ryan and I spent our entire Sunday on our friends’ boat with two couples and their adorable kids. It was glorious! The weather was cloudy for most of the day, but we still had a great time hanging out on the water, snacking and drinking.

Two delicious but not-so-healthy highlights:

IMG_1405

Seagram’s Escapes Strawberry Daiquiri

IMG_1402

Marshmallow Crispy Oreos

• Dinner at Stumpknocker’s

stumpknocker's

IMG_1411-001

Yes, that really is the name of a restaurant! This was a highlight not because of the food but because of the atmosphere. (The food was good but not fantastic.) After a day on the boat, our group stopped by Stumpknocker’s for dinner on the way back to Ocala last night and had a blast watching the airboats take off on the river right outside of the restaurant.

IMG_1409

I picked up a brochure and saw that an hour ride on an airboat is only $15! Not too shabby! Ryan and I have officially added “go for an airboat ride” to our date list!

House of Cards

Thanks to my friend Leah’s recommendation, Ryan and I started watching House of Cards this weekend. We began the show on Friday night and watched a few episodes before bed last night. It’s already starting to suck us in!

And now Monday morning is here and it’s time to work. I hope you guys had a fabulous weekend!

Question of the Morning

• Share one highlight from your weekend below!

Comments

Highlight of my weekend was finally putting our steam cleaner together and steam cleaning ALL the carpets. The dog (bless her) had a huge pee accident on the carpet last week and I could not stand to look at that stain any longer and it felt SO good to finally blast it and get rid of it. The apartment smells lovely now!

2. kristin says

LOVE House of Cards! I binge watched season 2 last weekend-it’s so good!
    My weekend consisted of watching NCAA Basketball, cleaning (just a little), and making cinnamon rolls for breakfast Sunday. Not super healthy, but healthier than store bought!

I saw Divergent matinee this weekend too. I was SHOCKED that tickets were $7 a piece. Biggest highlight of my weekend was covering our bar stools :) I know I am 25 but sometimes I think I am stuck inside an 80 year old.

I haven’t read Divergent, but plan on it! I had no idea the author was so young when she wrote the book. That’s crazy. And yes to House of Cards…binge watching it is the only way to go.

5. Libby Harmon says

A boat ride in nice weather sounds sooo nice right about now (I’m in Indiana)!!
    Highlight of my weekend was seeing Jim Gaffigan live…he’s my FAV
    -Libby

I love going on boats, but I’m always terrified it’d capsize and we’d all fall in. I mean, I can swim and all but I’m afraid about whales, sharks, and snakes lolol….

I don’t watch House of Cards but I do love catching up with series on Netflix. I washed my car this weekend which may not sound like much but it was desperately needed. I was starting to be embarrass driving it.

I haven’t read the books but I am excited to see the Divergent. Looks like you had a great weekend!! I’m currently addicted to Dexter. It’s a showtime series. It is about a serial killer who only kills bad guys. If you like shows like csi or ncis you would like this show :)

Hope you have a great week!

9. Erika says

I just finished Divergent and even though I’ve heard mixed reviews about the movie, I’m still going to see it.

The highlight of my weekend was running the San Diego Hot Chocolate 15k. It’s a tough course due to all of the hills but at the end instead of a medal you get hot chocolate and chocolate fondue. My legs are still a bit sore.

My weekend highlight was two fun showers – one baby shower with yellow/gray theme for a boy (super cute) and then a lingerie shower for a dear friend. Two bad drinks – amazing sherbert punch at the baby party and some fabulous moscato at a local wine bar for the girl’s night out.

Try Seagrams “Jamacian Me Happy.” Delish!

The main character in the movie, Shailene Woodley, lived in my town and went to school at the school I teach at! I issued being her teacher by a year but I know the family. I used to watch her little brother when he was in elementary school! It’s so strange seeing her in movies and on magazine covers.

Looks like a fabulous weekend, Julie! I really want to see “Divergent” — maybe this upcoming weekend. My weekend highlights included: brunch with my dad and brother, a low-key Saturday night watching “Frozen,” church, work date with a friend, and coffee date with another friend. It flew by for me as well!

13. AJ says

House of Cards is amazing!! And as far as books that are turned into movies, I always love the book more. Water for Elephants and Hunger Games were way better in my head then they were on screen :-)

-AJ