Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope your weekend is filled with barbeques, lots of sunshine and quality time with friends and family.
We don’t have any major plans on the calendar but will be enjoying a cookout and hopefully some morning hikes with Sadie this weekend! Sounds good to me!
Now let’s get things started and move right along your regularly scheduled “Things I’m Loving Friday” post! As always, please feel free to play along in the comments section. Your comments never fail to make me smile!
Things I’m Loving Friday
- Memorial Day
It’s Memorial Day weekend and I must take a moment to say a heartfelt thank you to all of the men and women who have served or are currently serving our nation. Thank you, thank you.
- A Few Little Blog Updates
If you have tried to sign up for PBF emails using the box located in the right sidebar of this blog, you probably got an error. Well, thanks to my website guru Tim of Parkin Web Development, it is fixed! (You may also click here to subscribe to PBF by email.) Tim also helped me take your feedback to heart and darken in-text links and add a link to the bottom of every post so you can click to comment at the top or the bottom of blog posts now. Thank you, Tim!!!
We are also in the process of making a more mobile-friendly version of PBF because I know it’s a pain to read on many phones at the moment. If you ever need any help with your blog or website, I cannot recommend Parkin Web Development enough! (His contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Linda’s Lollies Lollipops
I affectionately call these “gas station lollipops” because the only time I ever buy them is at a gas station when I’m on a long road trip. I bought this cherry cheesecake flavor on our way back to Florida from Charlotte and forgot how darn delicious these lollipops taste. Plus, it takes forever to finish one, so it’s a sweet treat that forces me to slow down and savor it which I appreciate.
- Express Finds
When Ryan and I were in Jacksonville earlier this week, I requested a quick stop at the local outdoor mall so I could do a few birthday exchanges. I feel like I’m an all or nothing shopper in that I will like absolutely nothing, or I’ll love every single thing. During my time in Express, I fell in love with everything. Fortunately I had a gift card and was able to pull up a coupon on my phone while we waited in line, so I walked away with three items for less than $40, including a flirty magenta slip dress (currently 40% off and also available in white and black), a high-waisted Aztec skirt (which I’m not sure I can pull off, but Ryan liked it) and a relaxed cropped tank (in blue) that I thought would look cute with the skirt. Lots of fun summer fashions at Express!
- Publix Once Upon a Cookie Ice Cream
I know a bunch of you out there share my undying love for Ben & Jerry’s Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream. Since that flavor is the hardest flavor on the planet to find, I was pretty darn psyched to see a new cinnamon oatmeal cookie ice cream for sale at Publix this week! Naturally I had to buy it and I have only glowing reviews to share. It doesn’t include any chocolate chunks like the B & J’s flavor, but it’s super creamy and packed with bits of oatmeal cookie pieces.
IDEA World Fitness BlogFest Giveaway
If you’re on Instagram and want to join me at IDEA World Fitness BlogFest, a four-day event with in-depth blogging sessions, celebrity workouts and behind-the-scenes access to IDEA World (the largest fitness conference in the world and my all-time favorite fitness conference!), check out IDEA’s Instagram account for a giveaway with a chance to win a ticket! I’d love to see you there!
Memorial Day Sales
My email inbox is overflowing with lots of Memorial Day sale promotions!
- Old Navy: 50% off everything
- H&M: 70% off select styles
- BCBG: 30% off
- Gap: 40% off regular price styles with code EVENT — Love the black cotton day dress, GapFit multi-strap racer tank, chambray sleep shorts, colorblock straw tote and marled cowl scarf
- Aldo: 20% off
- Banana Republic: 40% off with code BRHEAT
- Target: All swimwear on sale
- Neiman Marcus: Up to 40% off — Love this lace t-shirt dress, Cosabella underwear, printed maxi dress, strapless white cocktail dress and Splendid classic pajama set
- Bloomingdales: Save 20 – 65% during the Big Brown Bag sale, plus take an extra 20% off clearance items with code TAKE20 — Love the Tory Burch quilted wallet, Tory Burch iPhone wristlet (I have this in mustard yellow and love it), Marc Jacobs crossbody (love the aqua!), Kate Spade lemon tote and Hue opaque tights (my favorite winter tights)
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off men and women’s styles, 40% off kids
- Saks: 55% off selections of women’s apparel and accessories — Love this lace trim top, Hanky Panky underwear, Marc Jacobs cosmetic case, Kate Spade mint wallet and water color print bikini
- Athleta: Lots of discounts with code SUMMER
Past Things I’m Loving Friday Posts
Questions of the Day
- What is one thing you’ve been loving this week?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor at the moment?
- Any fun Memorial Day weekend plans?
***Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As always, I truly appreciate your support!***