Six Places

Good morning!

Grab a hot mug of coffee and let’s chat!

mug of coffee

My evening after work yesterday wasn’t super fun and included several hours of online traffic school. I wanted to take traffic school to erase the points I received on my driver’s license from the speeding ticket I received back in March and I finished six of the eight lessons last night. Hoping to wrap everything up tonight! (For those who might be in a similar boat, the I Drive Safely course I’m completing is pretty decent.)

This morning I woke up ready for a better day and kicked things off with a hot mug of coffee and one of my freaky green protein pancakes.

Green Protein Pancakes

It feels good to get sneak some leafy greens back into my life!

Moving right along to today’s installment of the 10 Day You Challenge…

10 Day You Challenge

Today’s challenge is “six places.” This is another one that is kind of vague and since it’s up to me to interpret what it means, I’m going to go ahead and share six of my favorite places in the world.

Six Places

• In Bed with Ryan and Sadie

Sleeping Guy and His Dog

My favorite place in the whole world is in bed with Ryan and Sadie. Cuddling up with these two at the end of a long day is often the very best part of my day! Even if I’m stressed out or upset about something, curling up beside Ryan with Sadie snuggled up in a tight little ball between us (before she stretches out and takes up all the space) relaxes me and makes me feel loved and happy.

• Relaxing on the Couch at My Parents’ Place

Christmas Eve 2013

When my whole family is home and we’re all relaxing on the couch together, I feel happy and content. (Bonus points if we’re watching Father of the Bride.) We often talk about nothing in particular, but I cherish any time I have with that bunch! (This activity usually involves a bowl of ice cream.) And for those wondering, the above picture is from Christmas Eve last year when my mom gave Ryan and Ross elf boxers and my dad Santa boxers with a night cap which cracked all of us up!

• The Living Room Floor of a Friend’s Apartment

Girlfriends (2)

It doesn’t matter which girlfriend or which apartment, but when I find myself sprawled out on the living room floor of one of my best friend’s apartments, I know I’m likely going to be laughing for hours. Why the floor? I’m not sure, but my girlfriends and I always seem to find ourselves on the floor, snacking and chatting away for hours. It’s a great place to be!

• Lounging Poolside

Pool

The smell of a pool is one of my favorite smells in the world. I think it must be a nostalgic smell for me or something that takes me back to my days as a lifeguard or my days on the diving team in high school, but when the pool smell hits me, I feel relaxed and carefree. It’s the smell of summer!

• On A Boat

Boat in the Gulf of Mexico

There’s nothing better than spending time on the water! The smell of salt water or the gentle calm of a lake soothes me and makes me feel content. Spending a sunny day on a boat is perfection!

• Hiking with Ryan and Sadie

Hiking in the Ocala National Forest

One of my favorite things to do with two of my favorites! Hiking (especially in North Carolina in the fall!) is an activity that clears my mind and allows me to spend quality time in the outdoors with Ryan and Sadie. Ryan and I love watching Sadie jump around and have the time of her life sprinting all over the trails! It’s hilarious and heartwarming at the same time.

Question of the Morning

• What are some of your all-time favorite places?

Comments

My favourite places are the beach, going to my Grandparents in France in the summer and being at the ice-rink, ice-skating. I love the moment I get on the freezing cold rink and just glide on the ice, one of the best places to be! Lounging poolside is also pretty great! Have a great day :)

I love being on boats too! Ahh, so relaxing :)
    One of my favorite places ever is definitely lying poolside or on a beach too. Lately, I’ve been outside on my porch on a beach towel, but it works too! Anything to get that extra sunshine.

Looooove this question! It makes me happy as I write to answer :)
    Favorite places besides with my parents or husband…
    * summit of any mountain out west ready to ski down on a bluebird day
    * floating on my kayak in the Wisconsin northwoods
    * running on an empty road in the fall
    Ahhhhhhhh…..

I love to snuggle with my guy and pup, too! It is the best start to a day. Also top picks include my home on Lake Michigan, laying on the beach in Hawaii, my yoga mat, chatting with my sister with a cup of joe on the couch.

My all-time favourite places are definitely similar to yours! On the boat with my family in Muskoka, sitting around the dinner table with the fam, standing around my kitchen island with my friends, laying on the couch with my boyfriend. :)

Love this! I love being in bed with my boyfriend, it always means cuddles and hugs, and those just make me the happiest. On my skateboard, because the wind in my hair just soothes my soul. On my bed with a girlfriend, because I know I will be laughing for a while with her. On the floor, because that means I’ll be doing an ab workout, which leads to a back, leg, or arms workout, and those always start my day the right way :)

Ooh yes I agree!! There is nothing better than being on the water – sometimes I think I should have been born in Florida! My brother was born in Ft. Walton, and I resent him for that hahaha. I love hiking with my husband, and just exploring outside, it’s so refreshing to step away from work and just be in nature!

Oooh I love your list! Some of my favorite places- my back deck (with my pets and a magazine, if we’re being specific), the beach in Playa Del Carmen, Colonial Williamsburg early in the morning, and I’d probably agree with you that being on a boat is the best.

9. Laurie Sutton says

Pawleys Island, South Carolina. I get to spend time with my grandparents and on the beach. Doesn’t get much better than that!

At the gym/on a run…this location can change obviously whether it’s at my gym, CrossFit box, running laps around the track, running on one of my many running routes but I’m in my happy place there. Even during a rough run or workout, I know I’m growing and becoming a better version of myself with every minute that passes and it’s a wonderful feeling.

Also any time I travel, I feel at ease.

11. Heather says

My favorite places are any of the beaches in Rhode Island, cuddles in my bed with hubby and the pups, and running along Alki Beach in Seattle.

Father of the Bride is the best movie ever!!! My current favorite places are sitting around a summer bonfire (with sangria in hand preferably) or trail runs with no music – just listening to the birds sing and enjoying the scenery.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE snuggling up in my parents bed and spooning with my Great Dane. He’s human-sized so it’s the same thing as a boyfriend, right? :)

I also enjoy being on a boat, poolside, hot tub in the mountains, or on a gorgeous running trail!

Favorite places include camping in Utah’s mountains, sitting out on the back porch at my home in Colorado, and snuggling up in a big comfy arm chair with a big cup of coffee and a good book!

I’d also have to say on my parent’s couch, and others would be on a sailboat, on Chicago’s lakefront, hiking in the mountains especially in Colorado, hanging out at my brother and sister-in-law’s apartment on their love seat with their golden retriever, and in my bed!

I love your favorite places. One of my favorite places is definitely in bed with Isaac and Olive. I also love sitting by the pool/lake/beach — anywhere near water.

One of my favorite place memories is sitting on the kitchen counter talking to my mom. I used to do this all the time growing up. She was always in the kitchen doing something so I would go in, sit on the counter and chat with her. :)

I love this series! So fun! My favorite places are:
    Snuggled up on the couch with my fiance
    My parents couch-I love when my whole family is together!
    Out on a trail run with the pup
    Sitting on a beach-anywhere!!
    The dock at my friend’s lake house
    Patios or around a fire pit sipping cocktails, making s’mores and chatting with friends

I agree with many of yours. One of my favorite places is sitting at the kitchen counter in my parent’s house in Florida, while my Mom cooks. Love it. The smells, the fact that we are chatting, and the fact that I am home spending time with my fam.

My mom’s couch is definitely one of my favourite places!!! I love just sitting there chatting with her for hours. She always pulls my feet up to rest on her lap. It’s the best!

I have to include the Ocean. I grew up in White Rock, British Columbia and I’m so happy when I’m sitting by the water listening to the waves roll in and the birds fly over head.

And, NYC. That city makes me feel ALIVE!

20. Jessica says

My parents’ house, the house I grew up in, is my favorite place. I hope someday my husband and I have a house as special for our family.

A couple other favorites are to be standing in the river fly fishing on a sunny day, especially at the Clearwater Lodge in Delta, Alaska and Fenway Park during a Red Sox game! I can’t wait to take my kids to Fenway. It’s magical!

Aww I love these! My all time favorite place is also laying in bed with my husband and our dog, it’s so relaxing and makes me happy. I’d also add the beach to my list of favorite places- just hearing the ocean and laying down is so soothing! Wish I was there right now, lol!

Hahaha I wouldn’t have thought of being on the floor at a girlfriends house as a place, but it’s true for me as well. Throughout my 4 years being in a sorority whether it was in a dorm room, sorority house room, or one of my friends houses off campus I spent so much time on their floor just chatting and laughing. Some of my other favorite places are my back porch at home, the mountains, and a coffee shop sitting by myself.

I had no idea that you could take a course and get points put back on your license! Good to know! I’ve noticed here people do the speed limit and only the speed limit because apparently the highway patrol and sherrif’s (??) pull people over for going 3-5mph over. Crazy! Not that it was allowed but in Canada we could do 10km/hr over and didn’t get pulled over.

One of my favorite places to be is my parents kitchen. They redid it a couple years ago and I just love baking in here! There is a bar area too and I always call it the coffee bar, just sitting here with a cup of coffee and my computer is pure bliss!

haha I love how Sadie is just hanging out under the blanket on your parent’s couch!

One of my favorite places is to be driving around in the car with the windows down on a cool summer night. It’s even better if I have iced coffee!

I love being on a boat. I love driving through the Black Hills of South Dakota. I love curling up on the tiny couch at my mom and dad’s house. AND I love going to Target… because Australia Target isn’t as good as US Target.

I agree 100% about being on a boat on the water, I love the calm and the sun. I just love being outside in general, and most recently I’ve fallen in love with my balcony at my new apartment.

My top places in no particular order are:
    – Gainesville, FL (my college town!)
    – Washington, D.C. (lived there for 4 months for an internship)
    – Lake George, NY (cute village town that is one of my family’s vacation spots; actually where Rachel Ray is from)
    – St. Petersburg, FL (my hometown)
    – Charlottesville, VA (cute college town that’s home to UVA and Monticello)
    – Georgetown, Grand Cayman (the water and beaches are to DIE for)