I have a couple of fun things to share with you guys today thanks to MorningStar Farms: A delicious recipe and a great giveaway! Not a bad way to kick off the day, right!?
If you’ve been a PBF reader from the beginning (thank you!), you know I’ve been a fan of MorningStar Farms veggie burgers for years.
My three favorite flavors:
- Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers
- Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Asian Veggie Patties
Back when I worked in an office environment, my coworkers would always poke fun at my “pizza burger” afternoon snack because I’d heat up a Tomato & Basil Pizza Burger in the break room several times a week and it always made the break room smell like the pizza delivery guy just stopped by! I gravitated toward the pizza burger because it was super simple to heat up at work, packed a protein punch and tasted delicious all by itself. A triple threat!
Lately I’ve been gravitating toward the Asian Veggie Patties and the Spicy Black Bean Burgers. Both are incredibly flavorful and I love the way they amp up the flavor of a big, veggie-packed lunchtime salad.
(A super simple spinach salad made with crumbled Spicy Black Bean Burgers, carrots, red onion, cucumber, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper!)
In addition to using the veggie burgers in salads, they’re also fabulous in quesadillas, wraps and homemade flatbread pizzas. They’re a great freezer staple in our house!
A couple of weeks ago, Ryan and I were in charge of dinner at my father-in-law’s house on Memorial Day. We wanted to keep things simple since our lunch included a super-filling Memorial Day barbeque and decided to follow an easy recipe I found on the MorningStar Farms website.
If you’re looking for a ridiculously simple recipe that makes the already tasty Spicy Black Bean Burgers taste a little more special, I highly recommend giving this recipe for Cumin Crusted Black Bean Burgers with Avocado Relish a go!
Cumin Crusted Black Bean Burgers with Avocado Relish
- 2 tablespoons seeded, peeled, and finely chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I used fresh red bell pepper)
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 hamburger bun, split (about 1 1/2 oz.)
1. In small bowl toss together avocado, tomato, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the lime juice and red pepper. Set aside.
2. Brush MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger on both sides with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon lime juice. Rub cumin onto both sides of burger. Cook according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with burger, avocado mixture and bun top.
While Ryan prepped the burgers in cumin, I made a much larger portion of the avocado salsa so we could easily use it again on salads for lunch with crumbled black bean burgers the next day. Both options were great!
And now it’s giveaway time!
BlogHer is offering a $100 Visa gift card to one PBF reader so you can go get yourself some yummy veggie burgers! To enter this giveaway, simply comment below telling me about which of the following new MorningStar Farms products you most want to try:
- Spicy Black Bean Burger <— My favorite!
- Mediterranean Chickpea Burger
- Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger
- Buffalo Chik Patty
- Original Veggie Sausage
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/6-6/30/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!