The questionnaire provides 25 prompts to reveal “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me,” and while longtime readers probably do know some of these things, there were a few random prompts that may reveal some new stuff. Feel free to play along in the comments section of this post. I love getting to know you better!
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I’m happiest when… 1.) I’m hiking with Ryan and Sadie 2.) Hanging out with my family 3.) I’m with my girlfriends
2. …Especially if it… 1.) Involves beautiful autumn mountain views 2.) Involves a holiday tradition 3.) Involves doing absolutely nothing together
3. I’ve always wanted to… See whales in the wild and scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
4. My family and I… Support and love each other unconditionally. And have a lot of fun together!
5. I was a terrible… Math student. (Copying Tina on this one because it’s so very true!)
6. My first job was… Working as a lifeguard at Birchwood Pool in Palatine, Illinois.
7. I could probably eat ice cream everyday. There should not be a “probably” in this equation.
8. I stole… I can’t think of anything! Unless you count my sister’s clothes/purses/shoes. (We did this to each other.)
9. I was born on the same day as… Ulysses Grant and Casey Kasem.
10. My all-time favorite film is… Father of the Bride.
11. I do a pretty mean… Sadie impression.
12. I’m still mad… I didn’t study abroad.
13. I met my husband… In college. (The below photo was taken at my sorority’s camo social which should explain Ryan’s stylin’ headband.)
14. I always knew I wanted… A dog. We never had one growing up and a puppy was always on my Christmas list. Sadie was a long time coming!
15. I’m not afraid to… Go scuba diving!
16. I make the best… Cookies ‘n’ cream milkshakes. Just ask Ryan!
17. I have almost no… Flexibility. It’s sad.
18. I always cry when… I see or read about dogs that have been abused or mistreated. Or when I read this blog post. (Seriously, I cried again just linking to that post. Sadie must live forever.)
19. I’m (now) a North Carolinian, but I think I’ll always identify most as a Midwestern girl.
20. I spent 12 years… Living in Palatine, Illinois before moving to Florida the summer before I started college.
21. I wish my folks… Lived closer to me.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with dolphins and The Little Mermaid.
23. I believe if everyone exercised a little more kindness, the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand… Small, enclosed spaces. (I’m claustrophobic.)
25. Whenever Friends is on, I’ll watch it.
A random survey followed by a quick lunch recap? Why not!?
Today’s afternoon meal included a chicken tikka masala wrap that I made with fresh spinach and leftovers from last night’s dinner.
Plus a little sweetness on the side in the form of Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate.
Date Night Outfit
For those who asked about my date night outfit from Saturday night, here are the details!
- Cobalt crop top: Mimi Chica (via Nordstrom Rack in Charlotte – I couldn’t find the top online, but here are similar options: $15 ArdenB crossover crop top, $24 Bisou Bisou crop top)
- Black high-waisted maxi skirt: Soprano (via Nordstrom Rack in Charlotte – Again, I couldn’t find the exact skirt online, so here are similar options: $18 Mossimo, $47 Bloomingdale’s)
- Cross necklace + Gold cross bangle + Black layering bracelets: I can’t remember the brands, but I got all of them on HauteLook
- Long chevron charm necklace: White Plum
- (Faux) horn watch: Kenneth Jay Lane (via RueLaLa)
Questions of the Afternoon
- Answer one or all of the following prompts from the above survey (or choose your own!):
I’m happiest when…
I was born the same day as…
At 5, I was deeply in love with…
I could probably eat _____ everyday
I make the best…