30 Minute Living Room Workout

Since we moved to North Carolina, I haven’t joined a gym. I hope to once we are settled in a more permanent living situation, but for right now I’m doing just fine sneaking in workouts without a gym membership.

I have fallen in love with Pure Barre and also have access to a small gym through my apartment complex, so I haven’t missed the gym too much. I have only been to my apartment gym a small handful of times and my workouts lately have mostly consisted of Pure Barre, long walks with Sadie and short but sweaty at-home workouts.

Like this one!

30 Minute At Home Workout

This is a 30-minute workout I created last week to target the whole body without the need for any equipment at all. The entire workout can be done anywhere — outside, at home, in front of the TV, in your hotel room… You decide! I did it in the living room of our apartment and even though I had to battle body slams from Sadie, I felt like it was a good enough workout to share with you guys in the end!

It incorporates bodyweight exercises that do not require any equipment. It targets the legs, booty, arms, chest and core and the little bursts of cardio got my heart rate up so I was sufficiently sweaty at the end.

Links to video demos of some of the exercises:

Hope you like it!

Looking for more at home workout options? Here ya goooo:

Evening Ab Workout

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your favorite workout to do at home? Any favorite DVDs, YouTube channels or workout websites out there for awesome at-home workouts?

Comments

My gym membership just ended Friday! I have a feeling at-home workouts, barre, and running will be my go-to workouts for a while. My favorite lately has been HIIT in the living room :)

I love at home workouts cause I’m less likely to bail on it if I have to leave the house early in the morning to get it in before work. It’s especially though during the winter when it’s cold and dark outside.

Thanks for sharing – looks like a great workout.

My apartment in San Francisco is pretty small, but I still do at-home workouts from time-to-time. I mostly focus on core and stretching. Because I’m a Les Mills group fitness instructor, I like to watch older :Les Mills CXWORX 30-minute core releases on my computer to follow along with. You’ve gotta do what you can with what you have! :)

I just finished the 63 day Insanity program! It kicked my butt, in a good way. I must say though, after a while it got pretty boring and Shaun T (the instructor) became a bit annoying. But I’m sure 60+ straight days of anyone will do that to you! I’m proud that I finished it but glad to have the freedom to mix up my workouts again.

I love Fitness Blender and I have the 21 day fix videos which are great! I always have to have an at home workout option in case I’m too lazy to go to the gym. :)

I don’t have a gym membership right now, either. I actually really enjoy working out at home since it takes out the commuting time, which usually adds about an hour total to a workout that I barely have time for in the first place most days!

My favorite at home workouts are from these websites:
    toneitup.com
    fitnessblender.com
    doyogawithme.com

Also, I bought a set of Barre DVD’s that I love. I got sick of paying $30/class to have someone take me through what felt like the same Barre routine over and over again. Now I have it ready for me whenever it’s convenient, for a much better price!

I also love to cruise blogs like yours for some fitness routines :) Thanks for the ab workout, that’s exactly what I need tonight!

7. Heather B says

I’m seriously obsessed with your blog! I think you’ve inspired me to try starting my own fitness blog! Keep doing you girl!

This couldn’t have come at a better time for me. I’m on the road travelling for a year and am in need of a routine shake up. I need workouts I can do indoors and this will be perfect! My usual go to on the road workouts are the 7 minute total body workout with running intervals added, the Barre 3 app workouts and my most recent find is another barre workout, Suzanne Bowen Fitness. I love her site! Sadly the internet connection where I’m staying currently is too weak to stream her videos so I need to go back to basics!

I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. The workouts are only 25 mins and you are sufficiently sweaty at the end! There are also 3 different levels if you are just starting out.

I don’t have a favourite at home workout per se, but all the at home workouts I do these days must include burpees. I’ve got a weird burpee fascination going on these days haha

I definitely had to take a snapshot of the workout so that I have it available tomorrow for my workout. I’ll let you know how much I’ll be pouring sweat afterwards!! :)

12. Pua says

LOL For some reason, I read that you were doing just fine sneaking in DOUGHNUTS without a gym membership! Guess we can see where my mind is this evening! :-)

Like Ashley, as a Les Mills instructor, my at-home workouts tend to be LM BodyFlow (and now Sh’Bam) releases (either old ones that I’m learning or just practicing for a new mix or new ones that I’m learning for an upcoming launch) or general yoga. Before that though, I LOVED both of the NYC Ballet workout DVDs; I bet you’d really like them from what I know about Barre from your other posts. I should break those out sometime soon.