Hotel Beds Rock My World

Though there are always exceptions, on the whole I absolutely adore sleeping in a hotel bed. They’re big and comfy and when hotels have black-out curtains, I find myself sleeping in way later than I ever can at home. This morning I only slept in until 6:15 a.m. but that’s 9:15 a.m North Carolina-time and basically unheard of for me. Usually If I sleep past 7 a.m. I consider that a victory so I was pretty pumped!

I also haven’t been sleeping particularly well at our temporary apartment, so I think my body was more than ready for a solid night’s sleep. It felt fantastic and I woke up this morning feeling more refreshed than I have in a while.

I knew I wanted to sneak in a quick workout before things start to pick up speed today, so I quickly ate a small apple on my way to the hotel gym.

apple

Is this not one of the most amazing hotel gyms you’ve ever seen?

Marriott Anaheim Gym

No wonder this is the official hotel of IDEA World! They clearly know fitness people appreciate a good hotel gym!

My workout wasn’t anything crazy this morning since I know enough to assume I’ll be taking my body through its fair share of workouts over the course of the next four days. I kept thing simple with some low-impact cardio on the elliptical (30 minutes) before I hit up the weights for a quick upper body workout that looked exactly like this one I shared months ago:

Upper Body Superset Workout

I was in and out of the gym in about an hour.

In the lobby of our hotel is a full-service Starbucks which obviously meant Starbucks became by breakfast for the second day in a row.

Starbucks Wrap

I ordered another spinach, feta and egg white wrap with an orange and a cinnamon dulce cappuccino. I know I’ve raved about cinnamon dulce cappuccinos on the blog before, but if you love cappuccinos, you must try it! I have two of my Pure Barre friends hooked on it now! So delicious.

My plans for the rest of the day include showering (my hair is on another level of greasy right now), picking up my IDEA packet at the convention center and a low-key night with some fabulous blogging friends in my hotel room! Katy is staying with me tonight and since most people are traveling today, we decided a laid back night at the hotel with wine and takeout would be the perfect way to relax and unwind a bit before the madness of IDEA begins early tomorrow morning. I’m totally craving Thai right now, so if you have a great recommendation for an awesome Thai restaurant located near the convention center that offers takeout, please let me know. Also, I’m LOVING your restaurant recs on my last post and will be using them for Friday and/or Saturday night’s dinner plans. (Dying to try 118 Degrees!) Thank you!!

Have a great Wednesday!

Comments

1. Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy says

Speaking of hotel beds, I am goin got NIAGRA FALLS THIS WEEKEND for a two night stay! Yayyy!! I love soft hotel beds.

2. Lindsay says

I love hotel beds, hotel black out curtains, and that gym. We stayed there when we were in Anaheim last year. I looooooved it! Such a wonderful hotel gym!

3. Emily says

I found this workout on your upper body workout roundup and have done it a few times since!! Such a great, quick arm workout–please post more!

I love a good hotel gym! Nothing is more disappointing than when you find out the hotel “fitness center” is nothing more than a rickety treadmill and a bowflex. The nicest one I’ve ever used was at a Four Seasons in Sydney, Australia. Almost a complete weight room and I was in love.

The cinnamon dolce is so. good. I love it! I feel like it’s one of Starbucks’s little known secrets, except now the cat’s out of the bag. But it’s okay. I don’t mind sharing.

6. Amber says

I LOVE books! what is so funny is I used to HATE reading and now it is just so relaxing! In our alumnae book club we have read 2 books that i just couldn’t put down, even though they are not typical reads for me.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and the Under the Never Sky series…AMAZING

I think blogfest looks like a BLAST. I am going to live vicariously through you 🙂 How long had you been blogging before you attended your first blog conference? I’m thinking about going to a local Arkansas one here!

I feel like such a creeper, I know exactly where you are! (I’m not, promise!) I LOVE that fitness center! The Hilton at the Convention Center also has a great gym and they have some pretty awesome classes as well. Would definitely recommend checking it out 🙂

Not sure if you ended up finding a thai place, but Tangerine Thai (just down Katella) is pretty good — their Papaya Salad and red curry are excellent and they have great lunch specials as well! Be sure to swing by Joe’s Italian Ice (it’s right across the street) for a sweet treat — you won’t regret it!