Boy oh boy do I have a tasty recipe to share with you guys. It’s a delicious, healthy and filling breakfast that feels like a special treat.
I present to you, banana bread protein pancakes!
The recipe is very similar to my pumpkin protein pancakes but I’m even more enamored with this creation. The pancakes honestly taste like banana bread.
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ banana, mashed
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat to a medium heat
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend with an immersion blender until batter is relatively smooth and all ingredients are fully mixed
- Pour batter onto the warm pan to form four medium-sized pancakes
- Allow to cook until edges start to harden, about three minutes
- Flip pancakes and allow to cook until batter is no longer runny, about two more minutes
- Top with syrup, pumpkin pie spice and banana slices and enjoy
For those of you who are terrified of cottage cheese, rest assured you cannot taste it in these pancakes one tiny bit and all the lumps are annihilated from the immersion blender. And yes, I just used the word “annihilated” when referring to making pancakes. What is this? Some kind of a video game?
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I did!