But we’ll get to that in a minute!
I arrived back on Ocala yesterday evening to enjoy a nice dinner with Ryan and lots of playtime with Sadie.
It feels so good to be home. I missed those two!
Ryan and I awoke nice and early this morning and headed to the gym to get our workout of the day out of the way.
We began with 20 minutes on the elliptical, before Ryan and I went our separate ways and I did the following total-body workout:
It was quick and changed things up enough to keep my boredom at bay. It also made me work harder because I knew I’d be done with each exercise in just one minute!
Now for the highlight of my day so far!
Banana Vanilla Protein Pancakes!
Banana Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Makes six large pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Heat pan or griddle to a low-medium heat and spray with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend with an immersion blender
- Pour batter onto griddle and cook for approximately two minutes per side
- Top with syrup, fresh fruit, nuts or chocolate chips and enjoy
Oh my gosh, these were so good.
If you’re worried about the cottage cheese, please don’t be! You can’t even taste it. The pancakes taste like doughy banana pancakes and I couldn’t stop “mmm-ing” my way through this breakfast.
(If you’re looking for a single-serving banana protein pancake recipe or a recipe that doesn’t require protein powder, my banana bread protein pancakes are very similar.)
Time to hang with Ryan and Sadie. We’re hoping to hit up some hiking trails and then tonight we have a hot date on the books!