I’ve been karate chopping my to-do list today.
- Finish freelance project – Check!
- Send preliminary PBF t-shirt designs to t-shirt company – Check!
- Follow up with lawyer about blog stuff – Check!
Part of finishing up my freelance project involved baking.
Chewy Granola Bar Bites (Makes six bites)
- 1 c. old fashion oats
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon will also work)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- ½ c. milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups
- Combine oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, chia seeds, baking powder and salt
- Stir in milk and egg white into oat mixture
- Divide batter among six muffin cups
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until batter is fully set
I made the granola bites by mixing traditional granola bar ingredients (plus some fun extras!) and dividing the batter into a muffin tin. A fun alternative to granola bars, these bites are moist, dense and perfectly portable.
Before I knew it, lunchtime arrived!
Since I did quite a bit of snacking on the granola bites, I wasn’t starving, but I still wanted to eat something since I’m going to be out of the apartment for the rest of the afternoon.
A smoothie bowl was the perfect midday meal.
I made myself a chocolate-covered strawberry smoothie and it hit the spot!
A cold lunch was just what the doctor ordered. I spent about an hour working from my laptop in the backyard this afternoon so Sadie could run around and came inside feeling quite sweaty… and totally annihilated by mosquitos.
I am seriously a bulls eye for bugs. Ryan and I will be sitting in the backyard and I’ll come inside with 20 mosquito bites (Seriously!) and he’ll have none. It’s maddening.