I am all for recipes that make dinner as easy as possible. This recipe may be the simplest chicken recipe I’ll ever share on the blog! It includes a tasty marinade that can be used for everything from chicken and pork to shrimp and grouper. It’s easy to throw together in the morning and requires ingredients you likely already have at home!
- 6 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup oil (we used canola oil)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place chicken into a one gallon-size freezer ziploc bag.
- Add all ingredients to the bag, seal tightly and shake and squeeze the bag so all of the ingredients mix together and chicken is coated in the marinade.
- Place bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the chicken (ideally letting it sit for no less than four hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the chicken from the bag, placing it into a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve with your favorite sides!
The recipe is easily adaptable. You can add more soy sauce if you want and play around with the measurements. And think it would be great to change around the spices, using rosemary in place of the oregano or something similar.
The chicken was incredibly flavorful and very moist — no dry chicken breasts here! If you decide to give it a go, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do in our house!
And here’s a quick recipe video so you can see for yourself just how easy this recipe is to make: