I wanted something I could easily transport to the airport and in the end I dug around in my pantry and pulled out dates, almond butter, oats, dried cranberries, maple syrup and cocoa powder.
Makes approximately 8 bars
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a large food processor and pulse until a thick “dough” forms.
- If you are making balls, roll dough into small balls and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy!
- If you are making bars, press dough into a small square baking dish and refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting dough into bars. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
I personally find that the energy balls are a little easier to transport until you wrap up the bars individually in saran wrap to prevent them from sticking to a ziploc baggie or each other. Either way, they are delicious! If you decide to give them a try, I hope you enjoy them! And feel free to play around with the ingredients a little bit. I think adding chocolate chips, coconut or even crushed pretzels to the bars would taste fantastic!
- Brownie Bite Truffles (gluten-free + vegan)