A bunch of your recommendations found their way onto my iPod and this playlist so I wanted to be sure to share it with you guys.
I hope you find a new song or two that you enjoy!
Half Marathon Playlist
- Melanie Amaro – Don’t Fail Me Now – I take the “feet don’t fail me now” lyrics quite literally when I run to this song.
- Rudimental feat. John Newman – Feel the Love – It is ridiculously hard for me not to sing the chorus of this song out loud, but since they repeat it approximately 10,000 times in this song, I try my best to refrain.
- Emeli Sande – Next to Me – She has the voice of an angel.
- Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch – Sweet Nothing – I definitely caught Ryan singing “you’re giving me such sweet loving” in the car one day. Loving? Nothing? Same thing.
- Gossip – Heavy Cross – This is the song from the Dior commercial with Charlize Theron. Wait, you don’t download songs from television advertisements? Oh.
- Martin Solveig – Big In Japan – Ridiculously catchy.
- Bingo Players – Cry Just a Little
- Scatman John – Scatman – I may never understand the words to this song.
- The Temptations – Ain’t Too Proud to Beg
- Pitbull ft. T-Pain – Hey Baby
- Hercules – Zero to Hero
- Moby – Natural Blues – This song is rather slow in the beginning, but it picks up as it continues and I always find myself getting really into it.
- Usher – Scream
- Yellowjackets – Wavin’ Flag – A little acappella music for some variety!
- Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble – Shame on me now.
- K’naan – Better – The lyrics that say “I’m only getting better” remind me to push myself and try to improve on every run.
- Black Box – Strike It Up
- PJ Loughran – Shoebox – I couldn’t find a quality YouTube video for this song, but you can listen to it in iTunes. It’s a song my friend Ryan put on a CD for me in high school that I’ve loved ever since!
- Salt n Pepa – Shoop
- Hercules – The Gospel Truth
- Evanescence – Bring Me to Life
- Manian – Ravers in the UK – Taken from a previous BodyPump release! Major pump up music.
- Destiny’s Child – No, No, No
- Macklemore feat. Wanz – Thrift Shop – This song is horrible in the best way possible. I sing “this is f-ing awesoooome” aloud as I run when this song comes on to try to remind myself that running a half marathon is pretty f-ing awesome.
- Usher ft. Will.I.Am – OMG
- Basshunter – Now You’re Gone
- Loleatta Halloway – Love Sensation
- Basshunter – All I Ever Wanted