Helloooo, peanut butter pancakes!
Something about a Sunday morning just beckons for pancakes and I wasn’t about to ignore the calling.
I got to work in the kitchen, determined to create a yummy peanut buttery breakfast.
Peanut Butter Pancakes (Serves 2)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. wheat bran (optional)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (I melted it a bit in the microwave first)
- 3/4 c. milk
- Combine all ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Spray heated griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto griddle, cooking the pancakes until the tops begin to bubble slightly. Flip and cook the other side until light brown.
- Top with syrup and desired toppings and enjoy!
The pancakes were not typical thick and fluffy pancakes but were more dense and doughy. Ryan and I both loved them!
We enjoyed our ‘cakes topped with powdered sugar, ground flax seeds and syrup.
Once we were sufficiently full, we changed and took Sadie on a walk to the Downtown Orlando Farmer’s Market.
Sadie has a gift of not looking at the camera right before a picture is snapped. It’s quite the talent.
The produce was poppin’ at the market and we left with a bag full of fresh veggies to enjoy throughout the week. I even ate a ginormous carrot on the walk home. Washing? What washing?
After arriving home and putting the veggies in the fridge, it was time for church! Church was followed by a trip to the grocery store and snack time.
And now it’s lunchtime.