Temperatures were approaching 60 degrees as I got off work late this afternoon.
After the park, we came home and enjoyed leftovers of last night’s bolognese blunder casserole.
Then, Christmas cookies happened. I made these cookies last night and was pleased with the outcome, as I did some experimenting and wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I wanted to make basic sugar cookies, speckled with red and green M&Ms for a little festivity.
I searched around my recipe box for some recipes and closed it after getting the gist of proper flour to sugar ratios.
Then I got an idea!
Why not use powdered sugar in the cookies? I love powdered sugar and figured it might add a little somethin’ somethin’ to standard sugar cookies.
One thing I must say is that the cookies are not doughy, but have a more chewy, crispy texture which I actually really enjoyed. If you’re looking for a grab-and-go delicious cookie, these are the ones for you!
Powdered Sugar Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. red and green M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bow and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla together until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Slowly beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until fully combined.
- Fold M&Ms into dough.
- Drop small spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8 – 10 minutes until edges are golden brown.