It is just as I suspected.
Moving bites the big one. I hate packing for a vacation, let alone a full-blown move. Bleh!
Ryan and I spent a few hours cleaning and boxing before we realized we were going to need more boxes.
We took an early evening trip back over to our friend’s shop to gather more boxes and took a sweet detour.
A very sweet detour!
First I convinced Ryan to stop for fro yo…
And then he convinced me to split a McDonald’s arctic orange milkshake with him.
We’re two peas in a pod when it comes to our love for ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Fortunately our sweet treats didn’t derail our appetites too much and we still had room for dinner.
Tonight we enjoyed soy glazed sockeye salmon with a side of corn on the cob.
Soy Glazed Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon filet
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar
- Place salmon filet into a freezer bag and pour soy sauce mixture over fish
- Let salmon marinate for 15 minutes
- Turn oven onto broil
- Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Remove salmon from bag and place on top of foil
- Broil for approximately 10 – 15 minutes, until fish is thoroughly cooked and flakes with a fork
- Garnish with chia seeds and enjoy
Something about corn on the cob just screams summer! Both Ryan and I cleared our plates.
And now it’s time to clear my head. Off to relax for the rest of the night. Tomorrow will be our final day of packing and organizing and on Thursday, we’re movin’!