A simple breakfast recipe, this Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa is a warm and comforting dish begging to be topped with fresh berries or your favorite chopped nuts.
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature Organic Quinoa
- Pinch of Stonemill Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Nature Organic Cinnamon
- 2 cups Friendly Farms Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 apple, grated
- Specially Selected Pure Maple Syrup, to taste
- Optional toppings: Fresh berries, chopped nuts… even a sprinkle of chocolate chips!
- Add quinoa, pink salt, cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups of almond milk to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and allow quinoa to simmer until it’s nice and soft, approximately 15-18 minutes. (Note: Please keep an eye on the quinoa so the milk does not dissolve and it does not burn.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated apple.
- Divide into two bowls, top with a drizzle of maple syrup and remaining almond milk. Stir.
- Top with fresh berries and chopped nuts or desired toppings and enjoy.
Keywords: breakfast quinoa, quinoa, apple cinnamon quinoa