A creamy and oh so festive dessert, this berry frozen yogurt pie is the perfect dish to bring to a Fourth of July cookout (tomorrow!) or your next summertime barbecue when everyone is craving something cold and sweet on a hot summer night.
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 1 6-ounce container blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 6-ounce container strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1 9-ounce container CocoWhip coconut milk frozen topping, thawed
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the thawed wild blueberries, blueberry Greek yogurt and 1/2 of the CocoWhip. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, mix together the sliced strawberries, strawberry Greek yogurt and the remaining 1/2 of the CocoWhip.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the bottom of the graham cracker crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Pour the blueberry mixture on top of the strawberry and smooth into an even layer, taking care not to mix the two layers together.
- Place the pie into the freezer for at least four hours or until the pie is frozen solid. Remove from the freezer approximately 15 minutes before you wish to eat it to make slicing easier. Top with whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired.
I highly recommend using the wild blueberries called for in this recipe and not substituting regular cultivated blueberries as wild blueberries are naturally smaller and have a more intense sweet and tangy taste that I love in this recipe! (They’re also higher an antioxidants!) Wild blueberries freeze well within the pie without becoming too watery or hard. You can find them in the frozen fruit section of most grocery stores.
I used So Delicious CocoWhip coconut milk frozen dessert topping in this recipe but another non-dairy frozen topping (such as CoolWhip) may also be used.
- Calories: 210 calories
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 163mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: DESSERT, DESSERTS/SWEET TREATS, HOLIDAY RECIPES, RECIPES