This Black Bean and Brown Rice Salad is a cold and tasty side dish bursting with color, texture, flavor, healthy veggies and whole grains. It comes together in a flash and can easily be prepped ahead of time. Thank you so much to ALDI for sponsoring this post! To find an ALDI near you check out their store locator here!
- 1 cup cooked SimplyNature Quick Cook Brown Rice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh corn cut off the cob (approximately 2 small ears)
- 1 15-ounce can SimplyNature Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 large bunch cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon SimplyNature Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon SimplyNature Organic Ground Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Stonemill chili powder
- Stonemill salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for the avocado in a large bowl. Toss to coat everything in the spices, olive oil and lime juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with avocado immediately before serving and enjoy!
Though I served this dish as a side dish, it’s also wonderful as meal. If you’re looking to make it a little more filling, consider topping it with grilled chicken or shrimp or adding some edamame to the mix! It’s fantastic as leftovers, too, though the avocado does brown a bit.
If you aren’t a fan of brown rice, quinoa, barley or even wheat berries can be used in this dish in place of the rice. (Wheat berries and barley will result in a chewier salad.)
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 145 calories
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: DAIRY-FREE, LUNCH/DINNER RECIPES, RECIPES, SIDE DISHES, VEGETARIAN RECIPES