This blueberry breakfast casserole is both gluten-free and dairy-free and a delicious twist on French toast casserole. Slightly sweet and bursting with fresh blueberry flavor, the casserole is prepped the night before for an easy dish you can throw in the oven in the morning and enjoy for a celebratory brunch or lazy Sunday morning breakfast. Thank you so much to Van’s for teaming up with me to share this recipe!
- Break frozen waffles up into large pieces and sprinkle on the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together and combine with almond milk, cinnamon and maple syrup. Pour over waffles and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake uncovered for approximately 60-75 minutes or until middle is cooked through. (A knife should come out clean.)
- Top with a drizzle of maple syrup or fresh berries and enjoy!
If you prefer a different berry to blueberries, feel free to swap the blueberries for raspberries, blackberries or strawberries! Adding chopped pecans or walnuts to the casserole is also fantastic if you prefer the addition of a nutty crunch.
Keywords: BREAKFAST RECIPES, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, RECIPES