A simple recipe that is veggie-packed!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and broccoli; sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and cook for 90 seconds, or until spinach begins to wilt.
- Mix together eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, cooking until edges begin to set (approximately 2 minutes). Lift edges of egg mixture, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come into contact with the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes until the center is set. Remove from oven, cut into six wedges and enjoy.
Recipe slightly adapted from Oxmoor House’s Spinach, Onion and Swiss Frittata
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, frittata, recipes