This recipe for Mixed Berry Chia Seed Pudding Mousse is a breeze to whip up and healthy enough to eat for a satiating morning meal but tasty enough to enjoy after dinner for a dessert-like treat. Packed with protein, fiber and good-for-you ingredients, you can feel good about digging into a bowl of Mixed Berry Chia Seed Pudding Mousse any time of day!
- 1 can (14 fl oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (I love a mix of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional garnish ideas: Additional fresh berries, chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut, mini chocolate chips
- Pour the coconut milk and cottage cheese into a high powered blender followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until pudding is rather thick and relatively smooth. (I blended my pudding in my Vitamix on high for about a minute.)
- Transfer into a large bowl and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Portion chia seed pudding mousse into bowls, top with additional fresh berries or desired garnish and enjoy!