Packed with rich chocolate chips and crisp Corn Flakes cereal, these Chocolate Chip Corn Flake Cookies are soft and buttery and the perfect cookie to have on hand when your sweet tooth is begging for something deliciously different.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (+ additional sea salt for sprinkling)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1–1/2 cup crushed Corn Flakes cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat together the butter and the sugars in a large bowl until creamy. Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and continue to beat on low speed until combined.
- Mix in the combined flour, baking soda and salt until just blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed Corn Flakes by hand until incorporated into the dough. Using a cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheets and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt (optional). Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes, or until cookie edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes or so before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
These cookies also taste amazing with butterscotch chips!
Keywords: chocolate chip corn flake cookies, corn flake cookies, corn flake chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cookies