Deliciously rich and creamy, this recipe for cinnamon ice cream is made with simple ingredients and is perfect on its own in a cup or cone or served with a warm slice of apple pie or apple crisp. (It’s also great with pumpkin pie, peach cobbler… basically anything cinnamony!)
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
- 2 egg yolks, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup whole milk and 1 cup of sugar, stirring constantly as the sugar dissolves and mixture begins to simmer. Add Biscoff spread and stir until completely melted into the mixture.
- Pour in whisked egg yolks, rapidly stirring them into the warm mixture. Quickly add remaining cream and whole milk and stir to combine.
- Remove saucepan from heat, add vanilla and cinnamon, cover and refrigerate until completely cooled and chilled.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (I churned mine for approximately 25 minutes in my Cuisinart 2-quart ice cream maker until it was nice and thick.)
- Enjoy immediately if you like soft ice cream or freeze for at least 6 hours (ideally overnight!) if you prefer perfectly scoopable ice cream!