This is a delicious and comforting soup to enjoy anytime during the year!
- 1 1/3 cup pureed butternut squash (I used frozen butternut squash)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh kale, leaves torn
- 1 large skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in 1/4 can of light coconut milk and whisk in curry paste. Simmer for ~1 minute.
- Add chopped onions and simmer for another ~3 minutes. Add chicken, butternut squash, kale, ginger, another 1/4 can of coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer, and cook uncovered for an additional 25 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
Keywords: CHICKEN/TURKEY RECIPES, DINNER, LUNCH/DINNER RECIPES, RECIPES, SOUP, STEWS AND CHILI RECIPES, SOUPS