Made with wholesome ingredients and naturally sweetened, these whole wheat chocolate chip sweet potato muffins are perfect for breakfast and make a great grab-and-go snack.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (ideally from a can, as this will make the muffins slightly less dense )
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (I prefer using liquid coconut oil and love this coconut oil which has no taste)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chocolate chips (depending on desired level of chocolate chippy-ness)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour through nutmeg) in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet potato puree, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour in melted coconut oil and stir rapidly.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into the whole wheat flour mixture and stir to combine. Once everything is mixed together, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: sweet potato muffins, chocolate chip sweet potato muffins, muffins