A cheesy, savory dish perfect for a holiday breakfast or a family brunch.
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), room temperature butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1 8-ounce package shredded cheddar cheese + additional cheese for topping, if desired
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter and place in the bottom of a 9×13 pan with the buttered side down. (You will likely need to cut a slice or two of bread to so the slices of bread fit well in the bottom of the pan and cover the entire bottom.)
- Evenly sprinkle cheese and ham on top of the slices of bread.
- Whisk the eggs and mix together with milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Pour the egg mixture over everything. Top with additional cheese if desired.
- Cover casserole and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45- 60 minutes or until casserole turns golden brown and begins to puff up.
Keywords: cheese puff casserole, breakfast recipes