Salmon and heart health go hand in hand since the American Heart Association recommends eating fish high in omega-3s, like salmon, two times a week. Salmon is packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein and vitamin D and can help lower cholesterol and decrease fatal cardiovascular incidents.
- 1 cedar plank
- 1 large salmon filet (approximately one pound)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (stone ground or regular Dijon will work)
- Soak cedar planks in water for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix honey and Dijon mustard.
- Place salmon on plank (skin on or off depending on your preference) and coat with honey Dijon glaze.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Keywords: cedar plank salmon, dinner, fish, honey dijon salmon, Recipes, salmon