This maple walnut pumpkin spice bread is bursting with pumpkin flavor and naturally sweetened with delicious Canadian maple syrup. Whole grains serve as the base (oatmeal + whole wheat flour) and the fragrant cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in this loaf make the whole house smell incredible.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons instant oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Canadian maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour through salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add Canadian maple syrup to through vanilla to flour mixture and stir until everything is combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Keywords: maple syrup, maple walnut pumpkin spice loaf, pumpkin, pumpkin loaf, pumpkin spice loaf, recipes