This simple and delicious dairy-free recipe for Mason Jar Chia Seed Pudding comes together in a flash and is packed with fiber, protein and flavor. The perfect recipe to prep ahead for easy weekday breakfasts or snacks!
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I love unsweetened vanilla almond milk or light coconut milk from a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons collagen hydrolysate (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Optional toppings: Fresh berries, nut butter, unsweetened coconut flakes, etc.
- Combine chia seeds, flaxseed, milk, cinnamon, collagen, salt and desired sweetener in a mason jar.
- Shake everything up and refrigerate for at least an hour (ideally 2+) or overnight. If you are awake and around, shaking the pudding periodically will greatly help evenly disperse the chia seeds and improve the texture of the pudding. (I like to give it a shake about 30-45 minutes after I initially put it in the fridge. If possible, don’t skip this step because it absolutely makes a difference!)
- Top chia seed pudding with desired toppings and enjoy!
I LOVE making a chocolate version of this recipe and will often omit the cinnamon and add in 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder before shaking everything up. I also love throwing in some cacao nibs for some crunch and an extra punch of chocolate flavor!
The collagen in this recipe is optional and can easily be omitted without altering the flavor or texture but I like including it to get the benefits of collagen as well as a boost of protein.
If you’re looking for a punch of sweetness but don’t want to use honey or maple syrup in your chia pudding, mashing some fresh berries and adding them in before shaking everything up works well! I love using mashed raspberries or strawberries.
While this recipe calls for non-dairy milk, you may also use dairy milk though I prefer the silky, nutty flavor of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cashew milk or macadamia nut milk or the rich, creamy flavor of coconut milk in this recipe. Just make sure you use a milk you love to ensure you enjoy the flavor of the pudding.
- Serving Size: 1 mason jar pudding
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chia seed pudding, chia seeds, mason jar chia seed pudding, chia pudding, mason jar chia pudding, paleo chia seed pudding