Oven baked rutabaga fries are healthy and simple to prepare and make a great alternative to greasy french fries. Oven baked and full of flavor, rutabaga fries taste delicious dipped in ketchup and served alongside everything from hamburgers and grilled chicken to salmon and veggie burgers!
- 1 large rutabaga (or several small rutabagas – approximately 1.5 lbs. total)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (plus more after baking)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel rutabaga before slicing into long, thin fries.
- Place fries in a large bowl and toss with remaining ingredients, taking care to coat them well.
- Divide fries between two baking sheets and bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes, flipping them every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking and to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle with additional salt (if desired) and serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
Keywords: DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, LUNCH/DINNER RECIPES, RECIPES, SIDE DISHES, VEGETARIAN RECIPES