A perfectly fluffy and deliciously cheesy recipe. Perfect for a special occasion or a lazy Sunday morning.
- Cut the English muffins into 1-inch cubes and set aside. (Do not halve them horizontally before cutting them into cubes.)
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and turkey bacon in a large non-stick skillet until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray and pour half of the vegetable/bacon mixture into the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the cheese on top.
- Top the vegetables and cheese with the English muffin cubes in one even layer.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Top with remaining vegetables/bacon and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking the next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees, uncover the casserole and let the casserole come to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until casserole is puffed up, lightly brown on top and cooked through in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
Keywords: English muffin breakfast casserole, overnight breakfast casserole, overnight English muffin breakfast casserole, English muffin egg casserole