A naturally sweet, warm and comforting breakfast, this Pumpkin Paleo Oatmeal is the perfect way to start your day.
- 3/4 cup egg whites (I use egg whites from a carton)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 large (very ripe) banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine mashed banana and pumpkin in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and almond milk in a small saucepan and stir with a spatula over medium heat. Stir continually to prevent separation. As egg whites and almond milk begin to thicken, add flaxseed and continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken further. Make sure to use the spatula to continually scrape the sides of the saucepan so mixture doesn’t adhere to the pan. Add pumpkin pie spice and stir.
- Add banana-pumpkin mixture and stir constantly as oatless oatmeal begins to thicken. (Do not walk away!) Reduce heat and continue to stir until oatless oatmeal reaches desired level of thickness.
- Top with desired toppings (pumpkin seeds, nuts, berries, nut butter, unsweetened coconut) and enjoy!