A bright, refreshing salad packed with fresh herbs, filling quinoa and tons of flavor
- 1 cup Wellsley Farms Organic Whole Grain Quinoa or Organic Tri-Color Quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large Wellsley Farms cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch green onions, diced (both the green and white parts)
- 1 cup (approximately 1 large bunch) parsley, minced
- 1 cup (approximately 1 large bunch) fresh mint minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Wellsley Farms Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 large Wellsley Farms lemon
- Wellsley Farms Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Add quinoa and 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth to a medium-size pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer and place cover over the pot until quinoa is tender and most of the water is absorbed (approximately 10 minutes). Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, parsley, mint and green onions in a large mixing bowl. Add the quinoa to the bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic clove together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over quinoa tabbouleh salad and toss to coat. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, as needed. Sprinkle with feta cheese, toss to coat again and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow the quinoa to chill and the flavors to fully develop.
Keywords: vegetarian recipes, side dish, quinoa recipes, vegetarian, gluten-free