A simple throw-everything-in-a-crockpot-meal that lends itself to a myriad of deliciously easy weeknight dinner creations. Prep this chicken once and enjoy it all week!
- 2.5 pounds chicken boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 ounces Wellsley Farms organic medium salsa
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of the juice of one of the limes in a slow cooker.
- Cook chicken on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Using a spoon, scoop some of the juice from the slow cooker onto the shredded chicken. (You may use as much or as little of the juice as you wish, depending on your preference.) Squeeze the juice of the remaining lime on top of the shredded chicken and stir.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: slow cooker chicken, cilantro lime salsa chicken, cilantro lime chicken, salsa chicken, slow cooker cilantro lime salsa chicken, crock pot cilantro lime chicken, crock pot cilantro lime chicken, crock pot cilantro lime salsa chicken