A slightly sweet, warm and comforting holiday beverage to serve at your next holiday party
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle Wellsley Farms Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup Wellsley Farms Organic Grade A Dark Maple Syrup
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- juice of two oranges
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1 large orange, sliced thin, with any seeds removed
- Cranberries, for garnish
- In a slow cooker, combine apple cider, wine, maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, juice of two oranges, cloves and star anise
- Cover and heat the mulled wine on low until hot, approximately one hour
- Reduce heat to warm and sprinkle orange slices and cranberries on top of mulled wine
- Ladle into mugs and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Ina Garten’s mulled wine recipe.