After seeing the crazy price of pine nuts while shopping at the grocery store, I knew that I needed to change my recipe idea… and a new, more affordable plan emerged.
Sunflower seed pesto!
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until completely combined
- Enjoy with pasta, fish, chicken or as a spread in sandwiches