I know fiber can help maintain healthy digestive system and I try to get most of my fiber from my diet alone, but when I find myself eating less fruits, vegetables and whole grains than I’d like, Benefiber is a great way to easily add a little fiber to my diet since the powder is undetectable. It’s taste-free, grit-free and dissolves completely into any food or beverage.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Benefiber
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/3 cup sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray
- Combine whole wheat flour all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and Benefiber in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in honey.
- Add sweet potato puree, pecans and eggs, stirring until the batter is smooth. Fold oats into batter.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups and bake until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to briefly cool and enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast recipes, dessert/sweet treats, recipes, snacks