A deliciously fluffy and voluminous bowl of egg white oatmeal made with simple ingredients.
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (you may use regular oats, but the cooking time will be a little longer)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I typically use almond milk)
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (I use egg whites from a carton to make them easy to measure and pour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel and mash banana.
- Stir banana and remaining ingredients together in a medium-size bowl, with room at the top so the oats can “grow” in the microwave without overflowing.
- Microwave on high for three minutes, stirring after 75 seconds and then again every 30 to 45 seconds until three minutes are up. (Do not walk away! Keep an eye on the oats to prevent overflowing.)
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Depending on the ripeness of the banana, you may wish for this oatmeal to be a little sweeter. If this is the case, add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top, stir it in and then you’ll be good to go!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 394 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: egg white oatmeal, oatmeal, banana oatmeal, egg white oats, protein oatmeal, egg white protein oatmeal