This recipe for Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins is made with simple ingredients that come together to make a dozen of the fluffiest and tastiest pumpkin muffins. Lower in sugar than many pumpkin muffin recipes, these whole wheat pumpkin muffins are kid-friendly and make a wonderful snack on a chilly autumn day.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (this may be increased a bit if you prefer a sweeter muffin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (I love this coconut oil which always remains liquid – no melting required – and has no taste.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour through pumpkin pie spice) in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour in melted coconut oil and stir rapidly.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the whole wheat flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: BREAKFAST RECIPES, DAIRY-FREE, DESSERTS/SWEET TREATS, KID FRIENDLY RECIPES, RECIPES, SNACKS