This recipe for Apple Pie Spice Chex Mix is a sweet and salty treat packed with traditional apple pie spices, pecans and crumbly oatmeal cookie pieces that will quickly become an autumn snacktime favorite. Thank you to General Mills Big G Cereals for teaming up with me for this post in honor of National Whole Grain Month!
- 5 cups Corn Chex cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ¼ cup dried apples, chopped
- 4 medium oatmeal cookies, chopped
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on high for approximately 30 seconds until melted. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large microwavable bowl, Corn Chex and pecans. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed. Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute. Add chopped dried apples and chopped oatmeal cookies and toss to coat in sugary spice mix.
- Spread Chex Mix on a cookie sheet and cool. Store in an airtight container.